Monday, October 10, 2005

Ode to my Evacuee Friends

Let this be a sort of memorial to all my friends that had to evacuate. Keller, Kevin, Kat (evacuated from New Orleans AND Houston), Kat (twice for emphasis), Marshal, any others that I forgot. For a very long time, Denny's in Waco has been referred to as "Ghetto Denny's." This was due to the fact that it was indeed ghetto. But... I found one that might be ghettoer, more ghetto, more ghettoer. It was changed to a buffet, but you can tell by the shape of the sign that it was at one time the Ghettoest Dennys.

Jasper took me for a drive

the other day. Ain't he cute! You know Popeyes Chicken,

it's really owned by the Catholic church. In the sign it says "POPE YES." See it? I don't like Popeyes chicken. I've been there once and I was annoyed. I don't want to talk about it. I think stupid cops

eat at Popeyes because they are annoying. They might be Catholic, too. I should start a restaurant called "POPENO." I'd sell country fried snake

and my restaurant would NOT annoying. It would also be handicap accessible. So my friend Keller, the super-hero gimp

can eat without worrying about making a "scene." His elbow looks like a football.

Played a little Mission Impossible at work. Needed to get into Shelley's office.
I ripped a hole in my pants on the shin.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like you comic-esque thing on your interweb page. I hope Jasper was wearing his corrective lenses whilest behind the wheel.

10/10/2005 5:09 PM  
Blogger amber said...

dude, you made me laugh on this one. will you marry me?

10/10/2005 10:37 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Do you need a business partner for "Popeno"? I have no money and a lot of heart--am I hired??

10/10/2005 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneaky papists

10/11/2005 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You cazy bastich!
And I tho't I was hot stuff when I carded my way into Dennis's.
-----j

BTW
It's interesting, I've been eating at a Utah-based chicken restaurant called MORONIYES. Hmmm.

10/11/2005 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, 's not so much an ode as it is a blog post.
I'd like to see an ode, please.

-----j

10/13/2005 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

odes are catholic conspiracies

10/14/2005 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carter....that'll be the last time I invite you to come to Popeye's Chicken with me, or any chicken franchise for that matter.

11/07/2005 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home