Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Automated Response

Today I lost my phone. I feel naked without my phone. Really, what happened was I didn't put my phone in my pocket and I left it home. It got lonely. People tried to talk to it, but nobody would answer. My phone started to get upset. Just imagine, being left behind. A whole day. Almost 10 hours by yourself with nothing to do. And all because some idiot left you. All day you are steaming up inside ready to blow up at anything. Then, this person comes and pretends nothing is wrong. Just starts talking like nothing happened. Wouldn't you be mad? So it decided to not let me send text messages. This is not a very nice thing to do. Everytime I would try to send a message, it would say, "Can't send message. Try again later." Stupid phone. 611. (My phone knew I would do this.) An automated response system says, "Welcome... blah blah blah (spanish) ... Please tell us what is wrong" "My text messaging doesn't work" "Please say the last 4 digits of the primary account holders social security number or, 'I don't have it.'" "I don't have it" "Thank you... Please hold yadda yadda high volume yadda yadda ... (music) go to web yadda yadda (music) ... -9 minutes- (music) ... Hello? (Indian (India) accent) How may I help you?" During this time, on speakerphone, I tried to send another text message and I noticed that it isn't asking me who to send it to, it's asking for the service center number. Why? I don't know. "My text messaging doesn't work. And I need the service number." "Well you need to blah blah blah..." "I just need the number. I have my phone ready to put the number in." "Do you have another phone? Because you can't put the number in while you are talking." "No but I'm at a point on my phone to put it in. It is asking for the number. I want the number." "Ok, put a plus sign" "How do I do that?" "Hold down the '0' key" "It doesn't work" "That's because you are on the phone" "Ok tell me the number and I'll do it when I'm off the phone." So I get the number. The plus sign thing still doesn't work. All it does is put '0's across the screen. So I call back. Same thing except I'm irritated. I start to give the social number when she's talking... It pisses her off. She says that I need to tell her for verification so I said "No." I argue with a voice automation system for a little while and hang up. I try putting the number in without the "+" and it won't work. So I call '611' again. Same thing, except when it asks what is wrong, I say messaging no worky. And it starts to tell me how many text messages I've used. Then it starts going in to something else and asks if I want to continue. "Shut up!" And we argue again. "Please say yes or no, or press 1" So I hang up. When I'm rich, famous, all that good stuff, and I have a successfull business (dream sequence cue), I will never have voice automation or people from India (no offence to my Indian friends)." My text messaging works because I'm a freakin' genius and can argue with a voice automation system and navigate menus on my phone at the same time, regardless of what some Hindu guy thinks. P.S. Tejal, you are my favorite Indian.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa!
I tho't you said I was your favorite Indian! What's up with this Tejal bullcrap?!? You know, I don't even think she's really Indian, I think she's fakin' it. Her name's probably Sally Bergen-vegan from Illinois, and she just tanned too long.
You know I'm onto something, you've thought it too.

-----j

8/25/2005 1:03 AM  
Blogger Justin said...

Hmm... Sally... doesn't quite fit.

I forgot to mention, another way my phone showed it's hatred towards me... The second time I called, I was on hold and it turned itself off. The battery was full. It just didn't want me to resolve my problem.

8/25/2005 2:16 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

That was a very entertaining post. I'm sorry you're having personal problems with your phone. Maybe you two can make up and everything will be right with the world. Here's keeping my fingers crossed....

8/25/2005 11:42 PM  
Blogger amber said...

ah. ha hah ah hahaha haha ha funny blog. i hate taht i cant think of anything cool or witty to say. ok bye

8/26/2005 12:29 AM  
Blogger Ridiculously Tarty said...

Putting 00 will work instead of + on most phones too, unless it's REALLY annoyed at you!

Shame there's not a dialling prefix to stop you having to hold for hours when you call the service centre!

8/27/2005 1:47 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

dont take that crap from your phone. you have to let it know who's boss. when my phone even hints at naughty behavior, i'll change the ring to the most annoying ringtone on the phone. works every time. a few calls later, it will do anything to have a less annoying ringtone and all is well.

8/28/2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home